- Do you have trouble with spare parts availability when you need it?
- Do you receive the wrong parts from stores, even though you ordered the right ones?
- Do you have too much inventory and low turnover?
- Do you have too much slow (or no) moving inventory on hand?
- Are your stores’ personnel asking you to review lists of what they see as obsolete parts?
- Do your maintainers have their own stashes of parts and materials (a.k.a. Magpie, Squirrel, or Shadow Inventory)?
- Do your maintainers refuse to give up those stashes?
Solving MRO problems can be complex. Many of the problems arise from poor maintenance planning, poor communication between maintenance and stores, and a lack of updating information that your stores need to manage effectively. Being born problem solvers, maintainers often give up on stores and take matters into their own hands. That usually makes the problem even worse.
We have one of Canada’s leading MRO Supply Chain consultants on our team, and extensive experience in maintenance/supply chain problem-solving. We have also teamed with MRO Analytics of the UK to help us with the tools needed for optimization.