Do we need Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-Engineered?
Reliability Centered Maintenance Re-Engineered (RCM-R) is about value. If your maintenance programs are not delivering the results you want:
- Costs are too high.
- The reliability and availability of your physical assets is below expectations.
- Too many failures.
- Too many safety or environmental incidents.
- The output quality is inconsistent and there’s too much waste.
Then, you need to look beyond your maintenance practices and examine the maintenance you are doing. Doing the right work is what delivers the best result.
What is it?
Reliability Centered Maintenance – Re-Engineered, RCM-R, is the most successful method for determining failure management strategies. It is not just about overhauling equipment and replacing components like so many manufacturers recommend. It goes beyond traditional time and usage-based concepts of how things fail and deals with the real root causes of failures to minimize or even eliminate the consequences your business suffers. Using our expertise from over 40 years in the reliability industry, Conscious Asset will use our proprietary analysis to identify:
- The desired functions and performance of your systems.
- The failures and their causes result in loss of those functions and even worse consequences.
- What to do about them, how often, and who best to do it.
Choose one of two pricing models
- Time and materials,
- Flat fee, or
- “Everyone-has-skin-in-the-game” model – you pay a nominal baseline fee plus a percentage of your benefit (measured in either additional revenue or savings). You then have the opportunity to reduce the percentage fee by executing our suggestions and demonstrating proof of results within 3 months of our Root Cause Analysis completion.
We will conduct an initial interview with your General Manager and either the maintenance or reliability engineer responsible for your critical systems. We will provide an estimate of the effort and cost. Upon approval, or remotely, we will then facilitate your team through the needed training and Reliability Centered Maintenance -Re-engineered (RCM-R) analysis to generate solutions and estimate the benefits to be gained.
“Conscious Asset taught us how to use RCM-R while we carried out an analysis on a safety-critical system. We alternated classes with practical project applications. That approach put what we were learning to immediate use. It really helped us to understand both the method and the system we were analyzing. When completed, we had learned a lot and gained confidence with RCM-R as well as our own system. We identified a number of previously missing actions that need to be taken with the system. We got way more than just a course – we got a usable result and now we feel a lot safer for it!”
Jason Spears, Port Hawkesbury Paper, Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact Us to schedule a conversation with Jim Reyes-Picknell to discuss a root cause analysis so you can get to the bottom of your reliability problems.