The ISO 55000 standards include 28 requirements of good practices in
physical asset management.
The ISO 55000 series is comprised of three standards:
- ISO 55000 provides an overview of the subject of asset management and the standard terms and definitions to be used.
- ISO 55001 is the requirements specification for an integrated, effective management system for assets.
- ISO 55002 provides guidance for the implementation of such a system.
ISO 55001 defines requirements for a management system, in the same way as ISO 9001 specifies a quality management system, and ISO 14001 covers an environmental management system. ISO 55001 is not, therefore, a specification for an asset information management system (sometimes called “enterprise asset management” system). Such software systems are, however, recognized to be useful aids (‘enablers’) for good asset management.
ISO 55000 Training from Conscious Asset
You may request confirmation as an ISO 55000 certified organization by:
- Obtain certification from an accredited third party source
- Provide self-declaration following the certification criteria Confirm your organization’s compliance by key stakeholders
- Conscious Asset has informative introductory training programs for PAS 55. We are developing additional training based on the soon to be released ISO 55001 and 2.
- We are not a certification body. Those bodies must remain independent of what choices you make in order to certify your operations. They can tell you whether or not you are compliant but they are not permitted to help you through the improvement process you will require to become compliant.
- We serve as an educator and advisory body. We can carry out an assessment but cannot certify your operations. That frees us to advise on specific actions that can be taken to make the needed improvements and to help you implement them. We do not sit in judgment, we join your team in making this happen.
- This entails training at the outset and leads to consulting services already described.
- This and Physical Asset Management should be linked, but keep this in the training area.